7 Essential tools that a Plumber Needs:
A plumber is as good as his tools and there are more than thirty devices that a plumber is able to use. However, only 7 are very essential for basic and complex plumbing jobs. A plumber’s tool box needs to have the following tools at all times:
1. 1. Pipe is first on the list. Used for cutting piping systems and is more efficient than a hacksaw. The pipe cutter can reach the most spaces. Comes in a variety of sizes ranging from 8mm, 10mm, 15 mm, 20 mm and 28 mm respectively. A plumber looking to do a rapid job. Ideal for those hard to reach spots.
2. A plumber can use a telescopic tube cutter to cut copper pipes. This tool is equipped with a deburrer for those tidy seamless cuts. Very essential for cutting through copper piping and thick piping with a girth of 6-35 mm.
3. Copper pipes often leak now and then. To seal those small irritating holes a plumber relies on a blowlamp which is fired with gas.
4. The adjustable pipe wrench is “the-go- to” gadget for plumber when they have jobs that require fixing plumbing systems that circular in make. Loosens tight bolts and nuts with relative ease.
5. The vice grip is a more common name for the mole grip. A toolbox is not complete without these pliers that went to private school, learnered in gripping firm workpieces. Fitted with a locking component that for holding nuts and bolts whilst allowing work to continue without a fuss.
6. Adjustable Spanners come in three sizes- large, medium and small. Essential for twisting bolts and nuts. Usually operated with the thumb, a must have in the toolbox.
A plumber should invest in a pair of slip joint pliers for jobs require work on water pumps. Used mainly to grip and hold plumbing steady. Fitted with a pivot to adjust the jaw sizes accordingly.